Working for U.S. Security Associates is a noble profession. It is so much more than safeguarding assets, you are protecting people and their livelihoods. You are the hero with the invisible cape– your experience, skills and knowledge. We will train you and give you the tools, the confidence and the necessary skills to know how to respond to emergencies.
What our Associates say is most rewarding about working here are the hidden opportunities to make a difference. Sometimes it is because you are just doing your job, but other times you are the vital difference in someone’s life. It might be from something simple like just being situationally aware or it might be because you have the right training and knowledge to know how to respond effectively, prevent an incident or diffuse a situation. From preventing fires, slips, trips or falls to stopping a theft or even, providing the medically necessary response to save someone’s life, you are prepared and it is all in a day’s work.
We talk a lot about providing better outcomes because it is what we do. How we do it though is with great people.
The common thread amongst all our Associates is their readiness to serve. Our Associates come from all walks and stages of life with diverse backgrounds and experiences:
- From first responders to military veterans and retired law enforcement
- From high-school graduates to doctoral candidates
- From rookies to highly-skilled experts
Better outcomes isn’t just for our clients. It is for our Associates as well. What that means is investing and enabling pathways for your professional development and opportunities for our Associates to create transferable, on-the-job skills. We've dedicated a great deal of time and resources toward ensuring that we provide the best opportunities for our Associates to develop their professional careers and we're proud to say the accolades speak for themselves:
- Training Top 125 ranking by Training magazine for 12 consecutive years for our employer sponsored talent and development programs.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Awards competition in 2006, 2012, 2015 and 2017. We are the only security company to receive this recognition four times.
- Military Friendly® Employer by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs magazine, for six years running
- At U.S. Security Associates we provide you the opportunity to make a difference, in your life and for the clients and communities we serve.
We are the employer of choice and are over 50,000 fit-to-serve Associates, dedicated to safeguarding people, assets and brands.
In a world of evolving threats and rising risks there needs to be a company with the right people equipped and dedicated to protecting people, livelihoods, and communities.
- The SecuritySTARS® initiative provides a path for professional development and personal achievement for our Security Officers. The continuing education and on the job coaching ensures clear direction and attainable objectives.
- Every Associate from day one is enrolled in our SecuritySTARS initiative. Critical, life-saving training modules like Active Shooter Response training are mandatory within the first 90 days to ensure our Associates are prepared to respond to threat crises.
- Harold Underdown, Senior Vice President of Security Force Development and retired Navy Master Chief Naval Special Warfare (SEAL) serves as the executive champion of the SecuritySTARS, personally mentoring and communicating key objectives of the initiative to our Security Officers.