Higher Education: Selecting a Security Provider
Considering Contract Security for Your Campus Security Program?
Not every campus security department has adequate resources — or the right type of officers — to effectively manage today’s campus security challenges. Contract security providers are often the best solution for managing safety and security risks and exposures in light of budgetary considerations. Below are points to consider as you evaluate options for your security program. For more information, visit www.securityoncampus.org.
What a Contract Security Provider Can Do for You
- Develop comprehensive strategies and plans to address potential areas of exposure
- Supplement internal police and security system
- Supervise student population with fewer university personnel
- Reduce campus violence and fear of violence
- Develop risk threat assessments
- Escort/transport students to/from campus facilities
- Provide security for confidential research and development
- Eliminate staffing issues such as absenteeism
- Improve university costs by preventing crime
- Reduce personnel costs
- Devise plans to reduce security costs
- Improve public perception of a crime-ridden campus
- Improve student enrollment because the campus is safer
- Improve overall learning environment because campus is safer
- Increase parent confidence that the campus is safe
- Provide security at sporting events, concerts, theatrical performances, graduations, etc.
What the Right Security Provider Should Have
- Experience providing security to colleges and universities
- References from similar institutions
- A team of armed security personnel available for emergency situations
- Expertise developing workplace violence prevention and active shooter response programs
- Threat assessment capabilities
- A local recruiting and management office in the area where the institution is located
- Guaranteed background checks
- Appropriate training for security officers
- Best practices throughout its operations
- Compensation and benefits that attract and retain high- caliber officers
- A reporting/evaluation system to drive continuous enhancements aligned with client goals
- Transparency and accountability throughout the reporting system
- Vehicle fleet
- The ability to support institutional compliance with evolving legislation, including the Clery Act and the Campus Save Act
- Customized solutions
Call U.S. Security Associates today for a FREE Security Audit: (866) 735-9418 Ask about our Cost Analysis to determine whether outsourcing is right for you.
About U.S. Security Associates
U.S. Security Associates (USA) is one of North America's largest security companies, with 160 locally-responsive offices providing premier national security services and global consulting and investigations to customers in a range of industries. Recognized for world class customer service, leading-edge technology, and an enterprise approach to risk management, USA offers optimized security solutions to meet specific customer needs. USA is committed to building quality security and risk management programs that are Safe. Secure. Friendly.® The Securing Knowledge series is part of the extensive and growing library of reference and training tools that contribute to USA's award-winning customer service and benchmark security programs. USA's investment in training and development resources is reflected not only by BEST Awards from the American Society for Training & Development, consistent ranking on the Training magazine Top 125, and technology-driven quality management system, but also by the company's leadership team, security officers, and service excellence on a daily basis.